This super-easy salad comes together in no time. And it's perfect for just about any main dish. Katherine Desrosiers - Trail, British Columbia
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons malt or rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegars, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad mix; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Romaine Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p21
Reviews for Romaine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2012
"Very easy salad, great dressing. I usually add more toppings to salad but this was a quick and easy that pleased everyone."
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"Very good salad dressing... I just used balsamic vinegar since I didn't have any malt or rice vinegar on hand."