This super-easy salad comes together in no time. And it's perfect for just about any main dish. Katherine Desrosiers - Trail, British Columbia
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons malt or rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegars, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad mix; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Romaine Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p21
Reviews for Romaine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 26, 2012
"Very easy salad, great dressing. I usually add more toppings to salad but this was a quick and easy that pleased everyone."
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"Very good salad dressing... I just used balsamic vinegar since I didn't have any malt or rice vinegar on hand."