Romaine Pecan Salad with Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) ready-to-serve romaine lettuce
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and blend until smooth and creamy. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing; set aside. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- 2. On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, thread shrimp. Brush shrimp with one-half of reserved dressing. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Arrange skewers on rack in broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with remaining reserved dressing halfway through cooking time. Serve warm or refrigerate shrimp until serving.
- 3. In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, orange segments and pecans. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Divide salad among serving plates. Arrange shrimp skewers over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Romaine Pecan Salad with Shrimp Skewers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.