Romaine Pecan Salad with Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) ready-to-serve romaine lettuce
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a blender or food processor, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and blend until smooth and creamy. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing; set aside. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, thread shrimp. Brush shrimp with one-half of reserved dressing. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Arrange skewers on rack in broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with remaining reserved dressing halfway through cooking time. Serve warm or refrigerate shrimp until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, orange segments and pecans. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Divide salad among serving plates. Arrange shrimp skewers over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Romaine Pecan Salad with Shrimp Skewers in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2005, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Romaine Pecan Salad with Shrimp Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review