Romaine Caesar Salad Recipe
After tasting this terrific salad my daughter made, I was eager to get the recipe and try it myself. The dressing, which includes hard-cooked egg yolks, is easy to mix up in the blender. -Marie Hattrup Sparks, Nevada
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1. Slice eggs in half; remove yolks. Refrigerate whites for another use. In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, anchovy, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and egg yolks; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, Parmesan cheese and croutons. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 238 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC