Romaine Caesar Salad Recipe
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1. Slice eggs in half; remove yolks. Refrigerate whites for another use. In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, anchovy, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and egg yolks; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, Parmesan cheese and croutons. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 238 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Romaine Caesar Salad
"A good ol' regular caesar salad. Didn't have the anchovy, so I'm sure I missed out on a lot of flavor."
"Loved the salad and the dressing was a hit with my husband. the dressing was something that might have needed more salt and pepper to my liking!"