Romaine & Orange Salad with Lime Dressing
Three ingredients plus a dressing equals a quick salad for special occasions. I first had it at a friend's wedding, and it's become a family favorite. — Linda Pallotto, Mantua, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a large bowl,
- combine romaine and onion. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top
- with mandarin oranges. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.