Rolled Swedish Pancakes
"We love the hint of lemon wrapped inside these rich flavorful pancakes," says Tami Escher of Dumont, Minnesota.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sour cream and cherry preserves
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon peel; set aside. In a large bowl,
- combine the flour, salt and remaining sugar. Beat the eggs, milk and
- butter; stir into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when set and lightly browned. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Immediately sprinkle each pancake with lemon sugar mixture; roll up
- and keep warm. Top with sour cream and preserves. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 618 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 473 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.