Rolled Swedish Pancakes Recipe
"We love the hint of lemon wrapped inside these rich flavorful pancakes," says Tami Escher of Dumont, Minnesota.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sour cream and cherry preserves
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon peel; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and remaining sugar. Beat the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when set and lightly browned. Cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Immediately sprinkle each pancake with lemon sugar mixture; roll up and keep warm. Top with sour cream and preserves. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 618 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 473 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC