- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sour cream and cherry preserves
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon peel; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and remaining sugar. Beat the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when set and lightly browned. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Immediately sprinkle each pancake with lemon sugar mixture; roll up and keep warm. Top with sour cream and preserves. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Rolled Swedish Pancakes
Sort By :
"I've made this recipe on and off for over 10 years. It is an awesome Swedish pancake and my kids love this. I am trying to move away from dairy and I substituted almond milk and it still came out perfect!"
"These are the BEST pancakes! Every time I make them for a brunch, everyone (and I do mean everyone) asks for the recipe. I also make these for our family on a regular basis because we love them so much."
"I Have now made these for my family 3 times & it just keeps getting better. We absolutely love them. The flavor was absolutely everything I remembered.I would suggest to anyone not planning a large brunch, to cut the recipe in half (that is what I did). Also, I used a small saute pan, with 1/4 cupfuls of batter. The Pancakes come out purfectly.Pat ParkerSauk Centre, MN"
"I have been looking for this recipe for years & years. Ever since IHOP had them back in the 80's. I can't wait to try this recipe.Pat P.Sauk Centre, MN"