Rolled Reuben Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups soft rye bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 slices deli corned beef (about 2 ounces), divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg, onion and milk. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Add bread crumbs; mix gently. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle.
- 2. Spread mustard over loaf to within 1 in. of edges. Layer with sauerkraut, six slices of corned beef and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends.
- 3. Place meat loaf seam side down in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with remaining corned beef and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 464 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 1,382 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.