Rolled Reuben Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups soft rye bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 slices deli corned beef (about 2 ounces), divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg, onion and milk. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Add bread crumbs; mix gently. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into an 8x6-in. rectangle.
- 2. Spread mustard over loaf to within 1 in. of edges. Layer with sauerkraut, six slices of corned beef and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends.
- 3. Place meat loaf seam side down in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with remaining corned beef and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 209mg cholesterol, 1382mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Rolled Reuben Meat Loaf
"I used panko bread crumbs and Instead of mustard I used thousand island dressing...turned out fantastic. Also, I?ve never made a rolled meatloaf before. Rolling it wasn?t too difficult but slicing it and serving it was a bit of a challenge, it fell apart a bit. Still yummy though. I recommend it."
"This meat loaf is wonderful! I used 1/2# hamburger, 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, sprinkled caraway seeds over the shredded cheese and cooked it a bit longer. I also served it with Thousand Island dressing. My husband and I really enjoyed it and I will definitely be making this again!"
"I am not a fan of meatloaf or reuben's. This however is hands down the best I've tried. A must try."