Rolled Reuben Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups soft rye bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 slices deli corned beef (about 2 ounces), divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, onion and milk. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Add bread crumbs; mix gently. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle.
- Spread mustard over loaf to within 1 in. of edges. Layer with sauerkraut, six slices of corned beef and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends.
- Place meat loaf seam side down in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with remaining corned beef and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Rolled Reuben Meat Loaf
Sort By :
This meat loaf is wonderful! I used 1/2# hamburger, 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, sprinkled caraway seeds over the shredded cheese and cooked it a bit longer. I also served it with Thousand Island dressing. My husband and I really enjoyed it and I will definitely be making this again!
I am not a fan of meatloaf or reuben's. This however is hands down the best I've tried. A must try.