Rolled Oat Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. Shape into two 1-1/2 in. rolls; wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Cut into 1/2-in. slices and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 188 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Rolled Oat Cookies
"Awesome not too sweet cookie, adding mini chocolate chips to this for a nice variation."
"I didn't even slice and bake them, I just used my cookie scoop, no refrigeration needed and they tasted amazing!"