Rolled Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough buttermilk just to moisten dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Pat or roll to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Brush with milk. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Reviews for Rolled Buttermilk Biscuits
Sort By :
Just made these for dinner. I didn't have buttermilk so substitued 1 cup of 2% milk with 1 Tbs of white vinegar. The biscuits turned out great!!
Loved them :)
Can't wait to try them
Made these this morning... light fluffy delicious. Will make these again. The recipe is simple and quick.
I just made these this morning to go with some homemade apple butter I made yesterday. I did use half whole wheat pastry flour to add some more whole grain into the mix. Very easy and tasty.