Roll-a-Strike Sundaes Recipe
These yummy banana splits are topped with a velvety chocolate sauce that's scrumptious..and easy to make!—Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon cherry extract
- 6 medium firm bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 scoops each strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream
- Whipped topping, chopped nuts and maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, cook and stir chocolate chips and cream over low heat until smooth and blended. Remove from the heat. Stir in extract; keep warm.
- 2. Place two banana pieces in each of six shallow serving dishes. Top each with a scoop of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream. Drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. Garnish with whipped topping, nuts and a cherry. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC