Rocky Road Pudding Cups Recipe
“Dressed up with nuts and marshmallows, this fudgy homemade pudding will delight kids of all ages. For a lunch box treat, assemble the pudding cups directly in small plastic containers with tight-fitting lids.” —Carole Fraser, Toronto, Ontario
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup chips until melted.
- 3. Spoon into dessert dishes, 1/2 cup in each; sprinkle with pecans, marshmallows and remaining chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 417 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Rocky Road Pudding Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC