Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine milk and half-and-half; heat to 175°. Add chocolate, sugar and salt; stir until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- 2. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: about 4-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 340 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Rocky Road Ice Cream
"This is my families favorite ice cream recipe of all time. I make other yummy flavors but if given a choice, they will chose this Rocky Road Recipe EVERY time. Carol Johnson, Omaha, NE"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.