Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and half-and-half; heat to 175°. Add chocolate, sugar and salt; stir until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Cool completely. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 4-1/2 quarts.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rocky Road Ice Cream(1)
Sort By :
This is my families favorite ice cream recipe of all time. I make other yummy flavors but if given a choice, they will chose this Rocky Road Recipe EVERY time. Carol Johnson, Omaha, NE
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >