Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits Recipe
- 4 medium firm bananas, unpeeled
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar with almonds (3-1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 quart rocky road ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- 1. Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- 2. Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Finely chop half of the candy bar. Fill pockets with chopped chocolate and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- 3. Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Transfer each banana to a serving plate; top with scoops of ice cream. Break remaining chocolate into pieces. Sprinkle chocolate pieces and remaining marshmallows over tops. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream): 589 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (69g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits
"I used vanilla ice cream, as that was what I had in the freezer. Delicious!"