Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits
There's no wrong turn when you travel down this rocky road. Toasty-warm bananas filled with gooey goodness and topped with heaping scoops of (pause for drool) creamy perfection are a new cookout must-have. —Loretta Ouellette, Pompano Beach, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium firm bananas, unpeeled
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar with almonds (3-1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 quart rocky road ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil
- around bananas so they sit flat.
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut
- at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket.
- Finely chop half of the candy bar. Fill pockets with chopped
- chocolate and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until
- marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Transfer each banana to a
- serving plate; top with scoops of ice cream. Break remaining
- chocolate into pieces. Sprinkle chocolate pieces and remaining
- marshmallows over tops. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 589 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium,