Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits Recipe
There's no wrong turn when you travel down this rocky road. Toasty-warm bananas filled with gooey goodness and topped with heaping scoops of (pause for drool) creamy perfection are a new cookout must-have. —Loretta Ouellette, Pompano Beach, Florida
- 4 medium firm bananas, unpeeled
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar with almonds (3-1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 quart rocky road ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- 1. Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- 2. Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Finely chop half of the candy bar. Fill pockets with chopped chocolate and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- 3. Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Transfer each banana to a serving plate; top with scoops of ice cream. Break remaining chocolate into pieces. Sprinkle chocolate pieces and remaining marshmallows over tops. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 589 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC