There's no wrong turn when you travel down this rocky road. Toasty-warm bananas filled with gooey goodness and topped with heaping scoops of (pause for drool) creamy perfection are a new cookout must-have. —Loretta Ouellette, Pompano Beach, Florida
Featured In: Rocky Road Recipes
- 4 medium firm bananas, unpeeled
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar with almonds (3-1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 quart rocky road ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Finely chop half of the candy bar. Fill pockets with chopped chocolate and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Transfer each banana to a serving plate; top with scoops of ice cream. Break remaining chocolate into pieces. Sprinkle chocolate pieces and remaining marshmallows over tops. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p37
Reviews for Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2011
"I used vanilla ice cream, as that was what I had in the freezer. Delicious!"