There's no wrong turn when you travel down this rocky road. Toasty-warm bananas filled with gooey goodness and topped with heaping scoops of (pause for drool) creamy perfection are a new cookout must-have. —Loretta Ouellette, Pompano Beach, Florida
- 4 medium firm bananas, unpeeled
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar with almonds (3-1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 quart rocky road ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Finely chop half of the candy bar. Fill pockets with chopped chocolate and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Transfer each banana to a serving plate; top with scoops of ice cream. Break remaining chocolate into pieces. Sprinkle chocolate pieces and remaining marshmallows over tops. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p37
Reviews for Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2011
"I used vanilla ice cream, as that was what I had in the freezer. Delicious!"