Rocky Road Fudge Brownies
These rich gooey brownies are one of our favorites. They would make a delicious addition to any cookie tray.—Nanette Swinson, Hope, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like
- brownies; stir in pecans. Spread batter into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with
- marshmallows. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir
- over low heat until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; beat in
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over
- marshmallows. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One brownie equals 306 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.