Rocky Road Chocolate Cake Recipe
Sherry Thompson of Seneca, South Carolina combines the best of both worlds with her combination turtle/rocky road cake that's rich, chocolaty and irresistible! Since it's frosted in the pan, traveling with it is easy!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, for frosting, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa in a small bowl; whisk in cream and vanilla until smooth. While cake is still hot, drizzle with half of the caramel topping and half of the frosting. Sprinkle with marshmallows; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until marshmallows are softened.
- 3. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping; sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle with remaining frosting. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC