Sherry Thompson of Seneca, South Carolina combines the best of both worlds with her combination turtle/rocky road cake that's rich, chocolaty and irresistible! Since it's frosted in the pan, traveling with it is easy!
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa in a small bowl; whisk in cream and vanilla until smooth. While cake is still hot, drizzle with half of the caramel topping and half of the frosting. Sprinkle with marshmallows; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until marshmallows are softened.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel topping; sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle with remaining frosting. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Rocky Road Chocolate Cake in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p49
Reviews for Rocky Road Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review