- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1-3/4 cups dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature milk chocolate kisses
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups peanuts, the chocolate kisses and 1 cup marshmallows; set aside.
- Arrange remaining marshmallows to form the border of a road across the top of cake. Coarsely chop remaining peanuts and sprinkle inside marshmallow border. Lightly press chocolate mixture over sides and remaining top of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rocky Road Cake
Sort By :
Hard to cut but looks good on plate
This turned out great! It fed about 12-16 people and looked just like the picture. It was fun making such a beautful cake. I took a picture of it to brad at work.
I had never baked a cake successfully before I baked this one for the bake sale raffle at the Mom & Dad's Club fundraiser. This was the cake that sold the most tickets! I was not only shocked, but was really proud of my success too!
My church sisters loved it.. they asked me if it was hard to make...
I will do this again.. this time I'll do it in a 13 x 9 pan.
Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii Marcy