- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1-3/4 cups dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature milk chocolate kisses
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups peanuts, the chocolate kisses and 1 cup marshmallows; set aside.
- Arrange remaining marshmallows to form the border of a road across the top of cake. Coarsely chop remaining peanuts and sprinkle inside marshmallow border. Lightly press chocolate mixture over sides and remaining top of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rocky Road Cake
"Hard to cut but looks good on plate"
"This turned out great! It fed about 12-16 people and looked just like the picture. It was fun making such a beautful cake. I took a picture of it to brad at work."
"I had never baked a cake successfully before I baked this one for the bake sale raffle at the Mom & Dad's Club fundraiser. This was the cake that sold the most tickets! I was not only shocked, but was really proud of my success too!"
"My church sisters loved it.. they asked me if it was hard to make...I will do this again.. this time I'll do it in a 13 x 9 pan.Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii Marcy"