This creative take on classic rocky road flavors creates a showstopping and absolutely delectable dessert. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1-3/4 cups dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature milk chocolate kisses
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups peanuts, the chocolate kisses and 1 cup marshmallows; set aside.
- Arrange remaining marshmallows to form the border of a road across the top of cake. Coarsely chop remaining peanuts and sprinkle inside marshmallow border. Lightly press chocolate mixture over sides and remaining top of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rocky Road Cake in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p54
Reviews for Rocky Road Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review