Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate, stir until smooth; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour until well blended.
- 3. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 231 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rocky Road Brownies
"These brownies are absolutely delicious. I usually substitute pecans for the walnuts. One time, I mixed the marshmallows, chips, and nuts all together with the rest of the ingredients and it turned out delicious. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"I used a boxed mix to save on time but loved this idea. Did have to use more chips and marshmallows to cover the whole pan though, like in the picture."
"The brownie batter did not like the 2-stage baking, and the marshmallows and chocolate chips did not melt"
"Loved the brownies! I only wish they would have been alittle more moist and not cake like but they all in all turned out amazing!"