Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
"Anyone who likes rocky road ice cream will like these moist, fudgy brownies loaded with goodies," relates Rita Lenes of Renton, Washington. "They're great for children's parties."
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate, stir until smooth; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour until well blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Rocky Road Brownies in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p54
Reviews for Rocky Road Brownies(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2011
The brownie batter did not like the 2-stage baking, and the marshmallows and chocolate chips did not melt
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2010
Loved the brownies! I only wish they would have been alittle more moist and not cake like but they all in all turned out amazing!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >