"Anyone who likes rocky road ice cream will like these moist, fudgy brownies loaded with goodies," relates Rita Lenes of Renton, Washington. "They're great for children's parties."
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate, stir until smooth; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour until well blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Rocky Road Brownies in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p54
Reviews for Rocky Road Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review