Rocky Mountain Grill Recipe
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops (1 pound)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove 3 tablespoons for basting; refrigerate. Add lamb chops to the remaining marinade and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. Grill for 4 minutes. Turn and grill 1 minute longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with salt-free lemon-pepper) equals 233 calories, 86 mg sodium, 78 mg cholesterol, trace carbohydrate, 24 gm protein, 15 gm fat. Diabetic exchanges: 3 1/2 meat, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.