Rocky Mountain Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (1 pound)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 bay leaf
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place brisket, fat side up, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the chili powder, pepper and salt; rub over brisket. Sprinkle with Liquid Smoke if desired. Add bay leaf.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is almost tender. Drain; discard juices and bay leaf.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over brisket. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat is tender and sauce is heated through. Thinly slice brisket across the grain. Yield: 3 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 311 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Rocky Mountain Brisket
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.