Rocky Ford Chili
When my brother and sister were in grade school in little Rocky Ford, Colorado, this comforting chili dish was served in the school cafeteria. My siblings described it to my mother so she could duplicate it at home. We all enjoy preparing it for our own families now.—Karen Golden, Phoenix, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (14.3 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 4 cups corn chips
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, cook chili and corn on high for 2-4
- minutes or until heated through. Place corn chips in four large soup
- bowls; top with chili mixture, lettuce, cheese, olives, sour cream
- and salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 664 calories, 32 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,522 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 26 g protein.