Rocky Ford Chili Recipe
When my brother and sister were in grade school in little Rocky Ford, Colorado, this comforting chili dish was served in the school cafeteria. My siblings described it to my mother so she could duplicate it at home. We all enjoy preparing it for our own families now.—Karen Golden, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2 cans (14.3 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 4 cups corn chips
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, cook chili and corn on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Place corn chips in four large soup bowls; top with chili mixture, lettuce, cheese, olives, sour cream and salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rocky Ford Chili in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p35
Reviews for Rocky Ford Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
This is fast, easy & delicious! My son & i loved it!
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2010
I did not make this recipe but it is very like my version of taco salad. I wish those who rated it had said why so low. It sounds pretty good to me.