Not your ordinary birthday cake, this dessert requires almost no countdown-just start with a purchased ice cream cake roll, then frost and decorate it for takeoff. (We used construction paper to make the rocket's fins and cone.)
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prepared ice cream cake roll (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups vanilla frosting
- Blue and red construction paper
- Place ice cream roll vertically on a 10-in. plate. Frost top and
- sides. From blue construction paper, cut out four fins about
- 2-1/4-in. high and 1-1/2-in. deep. Insert fins along bottom edge of
- For the nose cone, draw an 8-in. circle on red construction paper.
- With a pencil, mark eight equal sections. Cut out a three-eighths
- section and discard; tape cut sides together to form a cone. Place
- on top of cake. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 417 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.