- 1 prepared ice cream cake roll (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups vanilla frosting
- Blue and red construction paper
- Place ice cream roll vertically on a 10-in. plate. Frost top and sides. From blue construction paper, cut out four fins about 2-1/4-in. high and 1-1/2-in. deep. Insert fins along bottom edge of cake.
- For the nose cone, draw an 8-in. circle on red construction paper. With a pencil, mark eight equal sections. Cut out a three-eighths section and discard; tape cut sides together to form a cone. Place on top of cake. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Rocket Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p39
Reviews for Rocket Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2014 Edited Aug. 11, 2014
Reviewed May. 13, 2014
"Nice recipe :)"
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2014
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013