Rock 'n' River Breakfast Quiche Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash nutmeg
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Layer sausage then cheeses in unbaked pastry shell. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over sausage and cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 422 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.