VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash nutmeg
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Layer sausage then cheeses in unbaked pastry shell. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rock 'n' River Breakfast Quiche in Country October/November 1991, p39