Bottled Italian salad dressing is the key to this lively colorful salad from Gerry Weiss of Oakdale, Minnesota. The recipe makes a big bowl, so it's perfect for a potluck supper or large barbecue.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, pepper,onion and cheddar cheese. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Robust Pepper Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p39
Reviews for Robust Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2012
"One of those salads you can't stop eating. I made half the recipe. Next timeI will cut back a bit on the dressing but was very good"