Robust Marinated Steak
"Any time is a good time to fire up the grill and toss on a steak that has soaked up this great marinade," notes Betty Ann Ewert of Arlington, Minnesota. "One of our stock car racing buddies came up with the recipe, and we use it often."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine
- ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat
- for 4-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked steak (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 228 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.