"Any time is a good time to fire up the grill and toss on a steak that has soaked up this great marinade," notes Betty Ann Ewert of Arlington, Minnesota. "One of our stock car racing buddies came up with the recipe, and we use it often."
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Robust Marinated Steak in Country Woman May/June 2004, p37
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Robust Marinated Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review