Robust Italian Sausage & Pasta
Sit back and let the slow cooker do the hard work with this savory main dish. Since you don't cook the pasta separately, there's one less pot to wash after supper. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), halved
- 1 jar (25.6 ounces) Italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage links. Transfer to a 3-qt.
- slow cooker. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, onion,
- garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on
- high for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 529 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,573 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.