Robust Italian Sausage & Pasta
Sit back and let the slow cooker do the hard work with this savory main dish. Since you don't cook the pasta separately, there's one less pot to wash after supper. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 4 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each), halved
- 1 jar (25.6 ounces) Italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage links. Transfer to a 3-qt.
- slow cooker. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, onion,
- garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on
- high for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 529 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,573 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish.