Robust Italian Sausage & Pasta Recipe
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), halved
- 1 jar (25.6 ounces) Italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage links. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Robust Italian Sausage & Pasta(6)
Sort By :
It was a little spicy
YUM! So easy! We threw in extra garlic and used 5 links instead of 4.
This is easy to prepare but the sauce was somewhat runny. I have another Italian Sausage recipe that I prepare in the slow cooker that I like much better.
Instead of using the tomatoes with green chilies, I substituted diced tomatoes. This is a wonderful recipe!
Better than a stick in the eye