Robust Italian Salad Recipe
I toss together is salad to go with any Italian main dish. It has a hearty combination of lettuce, pastrami, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.—Shelley McKinney, New Castle, Indiana
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) sliced pastrami, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup salad croutons
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with croutons and olives if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 74 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC