I toss together is salad to go with any Italian main dish. It has a hearty combination of lettuce, pastrami, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.—Shelley McKinney, New Castle, Indiana
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) sliced pastrami, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup salad croutons
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with croutons and olives if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Robust Italian Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p7
Reviews for Robust Italian Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 21, 2014
"Easy and delicious! I brought leftover salad to work yesterday and my coworker said, "Boy, I wish I had a salad that looked like that!""
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
"Great! Looks nice, too."