Robust Beef Sandwiches Recipe
Before you go sledding or skating, be sure to prepare this dish from Esther Hull of Buckley, Illinois. It will warm nicely in the oven while you playand be ready to serve by the time you come in from the cold, she assures.Esther Hull, Buckley, Illinois
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 hot yellow peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, onion salt and garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and Italian seasoning
- 12 to 16 hard rolls
- Place roast, water and bouillon in a roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; strain broth. Chill broth and meat separately until meat is firm; cut into thin slices. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth, peppers and seasonings to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over met. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight before baking. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Robust Beef Sandwiches in Country Woman January/February 1996, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Robust Beef Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >