Robust Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 hot yellow peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, onion salt and garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and Italian seasoning
- 12 to 16 hard rolls
- Place roast, water and bouillon in a roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; strain broth. Chill broth and meat separately until meat is firm; cut into thin slices. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth, peppers and seasonings to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over met. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight before baking. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Robust Beef Sandwiches in Country Woman January/February 1996, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Robust Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >