- 6 large sweet yellow peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Halve peppers; remove and discard tops and seeds. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 4 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and leeks in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Finely chop peppers; add to potato mixture. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan; heat through (do not boil). Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 cups (2 quarts).
Reviews for Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup
Sort By :
"Very good soup served with the shredded Parmesan on top. I am going to make a loaf of homemade bread to serve with the leftovers tomorrow."
"We loved this soup! Easy to make and very tasty"
"this was fantastic!! The extra work required by roasting the peppers was worth the effort. I think its the leeks that give it such wonderful flavor."
"This soup was excellent. Serve this with big hunks of buttered bread to dip in the soup. So good!"