Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup Recipe
We got this recipe from a good friend and Merchant Marine in New Hampshire. My husband and our two small children liked it so much that I started raising yellow peppers. We enjoy it in the middle of summer or on a cool fall day. —Amy Spurrier Wellsburg, West Virginia
- 6 large sweet yellow peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Halve peppers; remove and discard tops and seeds. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 4 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and leeks in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Finely chop peppers; add to potato mixture. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan; heat through (do not boil). Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 cups (2 quarts).
Originally published as Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p27
Reviews for Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2014
Very good soup served with the shredded Parmesan on top. I am going to make a loaf of homemade bread to serve with the leftovers tomorrow.
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2014
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2012
We loved this soup! Easy to make and very tasty