Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup Recipe
We got this recipe from a good friend and Merchant Marine in New Hampshire. My husband and our two small children liked it so much that I started raising yellow peppers. We enjoy it in the middle of summer or on a cool fall day. —Amy Spurrier Wellsburg, West Virginia
- 6 large sweet yellow peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Halve peppers; remove and discard tops and seeds. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 4 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and leeks in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Finely chop peppers; add to potato mixture. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan; heat through (do not boil). Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 cups (2 quarts).
Originally published as Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p27
Reviews for Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2014
Very good soup served with the shredded Parmesan on top. I am going to make a loaf of homemade bread to serve with the leftovers tomorrow.
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2014
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2012
We loved this soup! Easy to make and very tasty
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >