Roasted Winter Vegetables
A few simple touches enhance the natural goodness of fresh veggies. —Donna Lamano, Olathe, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 small red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated and peeled
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first seven ingredients in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Combine the oil, salt, thyme and pepper; drizzle
- over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until tender,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 115 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.