- 3 small red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated and peeled
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first seven ingredients in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the oil, salt, thyme and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Winter Vegetables
"love this. my whole family loves these veggies"
"Love this! Warm comfort food - but veggies! Not too popular with my husband and son, who object to the "funny" veggies - Parsnips, and squash. Still I make it just for me!"
"Put all the oil and seasonings in a ziplock bag, add veggies, zip closed and toss around to coat. pour onto the pan and bake as directed. coats the veggies more evenly and is less messy."
"Last year I roasted winter veggies instead of the traditional "sugary, fattening potatoes; sweet and regular" fearful that my family would revolt and to my surprise and delight they didn't. They actually ate more of them and I didn't have left overs. They were all gone. We had to make more the next days to eat with Turkey and cranberry salad. It was great. I recommend to try it and see what happens. I have found a "new" tradition. healthy and Happy Thanksgiving everyone."