Roasted Veggie Tacos Recipe
When Shannon Koene of Blacksburg, Virginia tried making one vegetarian dish a week, her husband often noted, “it would've been better with meat in it.” But he doesn't even miss the meat in these tacos, now a mainstay.
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans, warmed
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the green peppers, tomatoes, onion, taco seasoning and oil. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Spread about 1/4 cup refried beans over each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Veggie Tacos in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p26
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Tacos(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >