I am always looking for recipes that will encourage students to eat vegetables and this one has been a huge success. You can also use other vegetables, such as mushrooms, eggplant, asparagus and broccoli. Just remember to roast your vegetables before making the quesadillas. —Kathy Carlan, Canton, Georgia
- 2 medium red potatoes, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 24-28 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Place tortillas on a griddle coated with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 cup vegetable mixture over half of each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas in Diabetes Spring 2013 2013
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review