Roasted Veggie Pizza Recipe
A bold, flavorful garlic and basil pesto sauce is an awesome change of pace from traditional tomato-based pizza sauce. Roasted vegetables are a fantastic topping. Whenever I serve it alongside a standard meat pizza, this one's always the first to go!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 8 to 10 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each oregano, thyme and dried rosemary, crushed
- PESTO SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place mushrooms, onion and peppers in a roasting pan or baking pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Combine oil, garlic, oregano, thyme and rosemary; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a food processor, combine the basil, oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic; cover and process until smooth, scraping sides often. Set aside.
- 3. Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with sauce; top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with roasted vegetables.
- 4. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Yield: 8 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC