Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the squash and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. Arrange the squash, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper and onion in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk oil and marjoram until combined. Drizzle over vegetables.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the pasta and roasted vegetables. Stir in the salad dressing, basil, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
1-3/4 cups equals 461 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
"I sprinked greek seasoning on veggies before roasting. Excellent the first night, next night not so much. Noodles sucked up all that flavor."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.