Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the squash and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. Arrange the squash, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper and onion in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk oil and marjoram until combined. Drizzle over vegetables.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the pasta and roasted vegetables. Stir in the salad dressing, basil, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 461 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
"I sprinked greek seasoning on veggies before roasting. Excellent the first night, next night not so much. Noodles sucked up all that flavor."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.