"My sister gave me this recipe years ago and it has become a favorite make-ahead and company meal. For a heartier dish, pair it with ham and dinner rolls." - Robyn Baney, Lexington Park, Maryland
- 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large sweet yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add the fontina cheese, cream, tomatoes, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to the pasta. Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Roasted Veggie Pasta in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p19
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review