Roasted Veggie Orzo Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Place vegetables in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 164 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Orzo
"This was good, not amazing, but good. I'm not sure if I would remake this specific recipe or go out of my way to recommend it because I've made many variations of this just on my own by throwing the veggies I have on hand together in a skillet with olive oil and seasonings..It just isn't very original, but tasted ok."
"Wonderful way to get a lot of veggies in! So tasty. Will be making much more in the future...would be yummy to grill the veggies in the summer."
"Good stuff. Can use any veggies you have on hand, really, and sprinkle on Italian seasoning to taste."
"Very good. I made it for company and they were very impressed."
"This recipe was pretty good! Good way to use some summer garden veggies. I added fresh basil from the garden at the end."
"Wonderful side dish or a lite main dish. Angel hair pasta was great with it as well."
"I've made this delicious dish many times. It gets rave reviews every time. I often substitute the veggies I have available and it's just as good, in my opinion."
"I have made this several times since I found the recipe last year. Our family (kids and adults) loves it! The veggies are delicious, and with the orzo and feta, it's a great combination."
"I love this dish!"
"My hubby is not a fan of Feta, so I used a little parm instead. Came out great. All around excellent side dish."