Roast some veggies, put on that first pot of coffee in the morning and enjoy this great dish from our Test Kitchen! As soon as the vegetables are ready, this standout omelet will be ready in minutes. It's great for a weekend breakfast, but hearty enough for dinner!
Featured In: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- Place the potatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and peppers in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; add dill, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables; toss gently to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. Pour 1/2 cup egg mixture into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, spoon about 3/4 cup vegetable mixture over one side and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture, vegetables and cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Veggie Omelets in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Omelets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review